Thursday, February 5, 2009

Almost a week.....

Well, it has almost been a week that I have spent here. Time really flys--though I do need to fiind something more productive to do with my time. All that my life consists of now is sleep, eat, job applications, apartment hunting, shopping, walking a bit, talking to people here and there, and yeah. Not much, but life is bound to improve. So, Leah's surgery went well and she is still in the hospital. She's had a few visitors, but she gets tired really easily. I've talked to her a couple times, but by the end of about a minute she sounds like she's about ready to pass out on me. Needless to say, we don't talk often. Anyway, Shawna and I are hoping that we can get this apartment we want though that means we'd both have to have minimum wage jobs. So, if she doesn't mind giving up the job she has now, we might be able to swing it. As far as I know, she doesn't like her job much....we'll see. Last night we went to bible study and I was so glad to be there. Met some nice people and well....meeting always seems to be the very thing I need. Things are going better for me, I'm not missing home as much, but there is still that tendency to think about it and wish I was back home with mom and her warmth and spirit, dad with his great conversations and humor, and Leah with her close friendship. These days in the morning I think about mom sitting in her chair with the cats reading her bible....it's been sort of a comfort to me and an encouragment. If I can make it through this, then well--least I've accomplished something right?? But anywho, I guess there is not much else to say. Though I have appreciated the friends that have been keeping in touch as well as family, thank you :-)
~Oh what shall it profit, riches and pleasures to gain, if your own soul be the forfeit, shall it not all be in vain....."

No comments: