Sunday, February 1, 2009

Montana......

Alright, so here I am, laying on Shawna's floor with the laptop and no spell check, bummer! About the spell check I mean. Well, I'll update you all on yesterday. I packed with the help of Larae all morning and then took a shower and went to a movie with mom and Leah and then out to dinner with everyone. I was going to go out and see the motley crew before I left, but I don't know why I didn't :-(. Anyway, Leah and mom went to bed early and me and dad got to talking and stayed up till 1:00 in the morning. I made sure I had all my stuff and then said goodnight and slept with mom--since my bed was packed up. Set my alarm for 4:20 in the morning, but mom woke me up sooner. Course Bridget had to join the group....anyway, Leah got the shower and I just put a skirt on and left the clothes on from the night before. We were out of the house by 5. Dad didn't go to the airport, but that was ok. Mom was crying before we even left the house, way to early to be doing that. I got jelly beans, a cd, and a book with two letters for the flights--though I was to nervous to really eat. Got to the airport, checked in, said goodbye to mom who was crying and almost went without giving Leah a hug. Got on the plane after asking which one I was supposed to get on, found my seat and we were off. The lady that sat next to me fell asleep listening to music and the man in front of us started snoring. I read my letters from mom and dad and for the rest of the flight had a turmoil of thoughts.......mostly memorized lines from movies and spiritual thoughts. I know, those go together so well. I guess I like to keep my mind busy with something. Anyway, got to Salt Lake City and thankgoodness the next flight out was easy to find--I was worried. So, I sat for 2 hours waiting to take off and then scrambled to get on the plane. I sat next to a guy from Florida who was taking a business trip. Apparently he's friends with one of the guys from the group Nsync and his daughter went to her friends party and they had the Jonas Brothers over. Well he was an interesting guy anyway. By then I was kind of tired and was looking out the window and ready to pass out. He talked quite a bit and I did my best to keep up. I was glad to get off the plane though--to much sitting. But hey, Shawna didn't forget me! She was there when I got off the plane and we waited for forever to get my bag. We thought it was lost, but it turned up behind the counter. After getting back to a few people, collecting my bags, and going out to a late lunch we headed off to gospel meeting. Which is at 3:30 and lasts for 45minutes. It seemed sooo short! Oh right, there was a guy in SLC that sounded like Forest Gump--back to....yeah. Met a few people and this field has the opposite problem that the Bend one does. There are hardly any girls--so more guys. Apparently a lot of them are pretty wild though. A lot of people marry early here, kind of confusing on who is married and who not. I'm going to miss having younger kids in the field though. Anyway, Manhattan is tiny and I mean TINY! There's only about 1400 and some people here. The mountains are gorgeous though!! Well, anyway, I think I am going to sleep a little bit--so I will catch up with you all later. Excuse my errors in this thing, no spell check an' all....
~what a day....."
P.S. Frank, you almost made me cry when I read the heading on your last blog "goodbye old friend". yeah, I'm gonna miss people all right....

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

well its sounds like u are going to have fun! I miss u!! lets keep in touch my friend..:)

Franklin said...

well i am sorry that i made u cry, or almost, but oh well..

I hope life is good over ther! have fun!

The Oilsgal said...

Hi Lauren, It was good to hear that you got there safely. Keep in touch I want to here how life goes. Thats kinda cool about the guy thing maybe you will meet someone ;)
Love you
Heidi