Monday, January 19, 2009

Bored.......

Alright, so people ask me, do you like being a twin? Or they ask, do you hate being a twin. There are definitely bad points and good points to being a twin. So, we'll start out with the good ones and if I can't think of many, I'll hopefully think of ones after I get the sucky ones out of the way.
Good Points: 1. You have your best friend
2. The first one pretty much sums up the good about being a twin.
3. I'll get back to the good in a second.
Bad Points: 1. You basically look alike, so you get your pick of which personality you like best.
2. Competition is a biggy (for some, Leah more then me): in sports, activities, etc.
3. You are the same age, so you could like the same guy, or said guys could move from one to the next. Leah and I don't really like the same guys most of the time, so hopefully this one really never comes up when it comes to who we like.
4. Jealousy unfortunately.....about some odd thing or other.
5. Comparing, please try to refrain sometimes on this score, it will set one or the other off. Unless the other one is not present and doesn't happen to rub the others nose in it when talking later on....or if it is just a simple observation. We like to be different...
6. You are only half of a person because the other half is currently residing in the person that looks like you. Might be good to be away, then I can complete the other half, yeah sounds weird, comes with being a twin (or it might just be me, hah).
7. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes both try to compete for their friends/families affection and attention. If one comes first, then the other feels like there is no room for the them. We like to be our own person, but like to be treated the same in some cases. Inevitably one gets left out sometimes or feels like it.
8. You know what differences there are and what is lacking (cause you see it everyday)....people may like one but not the other and that sometimes hurts, because you see how the other one is and know that you are nothing like that. Also they are kind of rejecting that half that you love so much. Don't get me wrong, I love having my own friends, more now then I used to--it's just different.
9. You get so close to that person, you really don't get out there and make friends outside of that. So, when it comes time to break away, it's a bit hard. (More so for me then Leah, in some cases). If you happen to be a good friend to a twin don't think that that relationship will go away if you are close. We hold on to relationships way to tightly (I'm talking about friends). Well, not all the time, but we treasure the uh.....bonds? we have with other people that are outside our close knit relationship.
10. And last one, cause dad will kill me if I don't get off soon. Can't think of anymore
So, I shall say goodnight, sleep good :D
~What matters is how you see yourself..."

No comments: