Thursday, January 1, 2009

And a Happy New Year!

At least I hope so anyway. I remember saying last year at the beginning that I hoped it would be a good year and that I thought it would be. And you know what, it was an awesome year! Sure it had it's ups and downs, but alls well that ends well. I made new friends, made new discoveries (not like the explorers), became more content with things, got to know people better....I could go on forever. All in all though, the year was not disappointing in the least. This year will be interesting and new, but I hope it will be a good one as well. I'm taking more charge of it I guess--not just seeing where things go or situations lead. I have the prospect of moving, the sad thought of leaving everything behind including the motley crew :-(--geting to see new places and meet new people. Hopefully I don't have to slink back here because I failed to do something. Things have changed so much it's hard to believe that this year even happened at all. I've been writing a lot more in my journal, so if you want to know more you're gonna have to steal that to know anything. Not that I would suggest that :-P. What kind of got me bummed earlier was when I was talking to mom. I had wanted to go to East Portland for special meeting because someone had asked if they would see me there. Well, so I thought, great idea! But I was talking to mom today and just saying that I didn't want to go just to see someone else there, but for meeting! And mom agreed. But it hurts when someone thinks that you are going for the wrong reasons or doubts you so much. I remember a while ago, after Leah stopped going to meeting, I wasn't ready to go to meeting yet and mom asked me if I was going or not. "Nah" I said, which was dripping with sarcasm and mom was like, "oh...". I told her I was kidding and she said "well, one daughter isn't going..." and left me to finish that sentence. I still think that she thinks I go for the wrong reasons sometimes. Argh, guess having a good memory on things isn't such a great thing. I just don't want to be doubted. Made me thankful anyway that God knows our hearts. There was a verse in tonights study that was saying something about the unjust man being unjust still....continues on. But just to think that we can't change who we are or hide what we are. I was glad to think that God sees everything and that we don't have to be anyone that we're not. I'm just kind of getting tired of people hiding who they really are. I'd rather have the honest truth and get to know people then get to know a lie. Anyway....this new year started with peppermint in my eyes (accident!), thoughts in my head, hope in my heart, and weariness in my body (lol, think I can get any more loony?). I should probably go to bed, hope everyone has a great week and weekend!
~For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart..."

No comments: