Sunday, January 11, 2009

A okay!

So, hopefully I can get through this thing without getting bored. I'd rather right this in my journal where I can say everything, but I'll give you the short long version of it ;-). Last time was Wednesday....Thursday and Friday I kept busy cleaning the house and going shopping and going to the gym with Larea. Other then that, the family wasn't to bad. I was worried about how this last weekend would go, me being shy and all, but the social part of it went fairly well. Heidi and I took off from Bend at about 11:30 or so on Saturday. Stopped somewhere to get something to eat and then continued on our way. Lots of talking and music ensued (sp?) and by the time we got there our bums were sore. Great fun. We stopped in at Gail's place and met her roommate (reminded me of Shawna) and then we went to the mall to go shopping. Fortunately I did not spend a dime from my debit card all weekend!!! Walked around looking for a couple hours then decided it was time to head back for dinner. UNfortunately we got lost down town for a good hour or more and had to call Brian Kloosterman more times then I'd like to count. Heidi was frustrated and "didn't like being in control", I was sitting back and just along for the ride. I can't really read a map worth squat, but that's what happens sometimes. So, finally we got back to their place, had dinner, talked to this family who was from Africa I think it was, and then headed over to where we were staying for the night. More girly chat continued until about 11:00pm and then we all turned in for the night. Somewhat cold I might say, though I didn't think Heidi would appreciate me trying to share body heat. Got up, took a shower (kind of like convention all over again) went to Gail's again for breakfast and to make lunches, then flew out the door at 9:00am and got to Special Meeting about 40 minutes early. Sat in the front and heard a lot of great things, once I got my mind quiet. And special meeting played out like it usually does. Then thankgoodness, we did not get lost going to the Foner's. I didn't really know anyone there, but it was fun meeting everyone and getting to talk to them--and play games. Sang hymns once everyone showed up, share some things that we had heard that we liked, listened to stories, and then after many groaning stomaches--got up to eat. We played games afterward too, but I wont go into detail about everything. I got kissed under the mistletoe though....lol. Yeah, go ahead, ask me about that one :-P. Heidi was worried about the roads so we got directions from a crowd of guys on where to go and started to head out. Got side tracked talking and then I decided I wanted to change. We got out of there at about 8pm though--wish we could have stayed longer--but that is ok (no worries Heidi!). I had a great time anyway! A WHOLE lot of talking happened after leaving and the drive went by fast. Haha, as I said, I'll save detail for my journal. Hope everyone has a great week!!
~Why do we insist on leaving the good things behind?"
P.S. the kiss was from Teresa Foner, lol she was standing under it......I was like, you are kidding right? Apparently not hah!

No comments: