Monday, December 1, 2008

Ok, new plan....

So, I am to bored. I am in the basement of the college library, wearing what looks like pajamas (moms sweatshirt and a skirt and tennis shoes, lol). Anywho, I was thinking up a list of what I was thankful for and I have time, so yeah, here tis:

1. I'm thankful for my dad, who though he claims wasn't really there for us when were were younger, is there for us now. He listens to all the problems we have, gives advice, laughs and has good times with us and really makes you think. I'm thankful that he is my dad and for his love.

2. I'm thankful for my mom. Though she can be quite a crab sometimes and pessimistic, I would not trade her. She is the comforter in the family, the slave driver (lol), the one that stayed in meeting and kept on going. She is a strong person and at times a nut. Least she's a bit dorky as well.

3. For my friends. I used to think that I could easily be a hermit and live with the woodland creatures like Snow White, haha, but that is not the case anymore. I'm thankful that I have friends that I can hang out with, laugh with, talk with, and encourage me as much as I try to encourage them. (I guess I could count all my family in here as well).

4. My sister who I've grown up with. We're there for each other, are close in spirit and heart. Though I would like to ring her neck sometimes and block out the chatter, she will always be my other half. It goes beyond words I guess.

5. The truth and all that that implies. I am thankful that I have and know the purpose of this life. I'm thankful that I was born into a family that kept on going in the way and that I am trying to make it my own. Yes, sometimes it is hard and I would just like to stop going against everything, but in the end, if I did give up, it wouldn't have been worth it. I'm thankful for the One that loves us, for the hope, grace, and forgiveness. I only hope that someday I can truly say that the love given is not just one sided. Not that I don't love Him, it's just that I need to know Him more.

Ok, so I have run out of time, that is just the small list, but covers a lot of everything. Gotta go, toodles :-)
~Love can survive and grow through any of life's experiences, save neglect...."

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

i like your thankkful list i think i shall expand on mine...

Franklin said...

lol no woodland creatures for you? huh... :)